You want to partner with a good corporate citizen. ALPS is committed on many levels to giving back.
Corporate Citizenry & Charitable Contributions
ALPS has an enduring commitment to being a good corporate citizen in the communities we serve and the places where our employees live, work and play. We do this by:
- Supporting our professional communities
- Philanthropically giving back to society
- Providing meaningful opportunities for ALPS employees to give back
The ALPS Charitable Contributions Committee receives more requests than we can support. A decision not to fund a request does not imply that the applicant's program is not needed or valued, but rather that it may not fall within our giving guidelines, or budgetary constraints prevented support for this cycle. ALPS main (but not only) focus for charitable giving is on programs that directly benefit children in our community, and especially those that are under-privileged. We generally do not contribute toward capital campaigns and prefer to fund a specific service or purchase, as opposed to a “general” or operating account.
In most cases, the ALPS Charitable Contributions Committee generally does not provide charitable donations to the following:
- Individuals or individual endeavors.
- Organizations which do not qualify as charitable 501(c)(3) organizations as defined by the Internal Revenue Code.
- Projects of a political nature or designed to influence legislation or elect candidates to public office.
- Projects of sectarian or religious organizations whose services are limited to members of any one religious group.
- Any project that in any manner implies restriction of services based on sex, race, age and religious affiliations.
- Private foundations.
- Reducing or eliminating a pre-existing debt.
- Health care issues or organizations.
- Permanent endowment funds.
- Team sponsorships.
TO REQUEST SUPPORT
The ALPS Charitable Contributions Committee meets on a quarterly basis to review charitable requests. We encourage organizations to submit their requests well in advance of their due dates. Requests that are received with a due date before our next Committee meeting will not be able to be considered.
We take into account the following evaluation criteria when reviewing requests:
- Organizational and financial management
- Program objectives
- Diverse number of people who will benefit from funding
- Existing services offered
- Existing funding sources and stability
- Organizational history
- Ability to measure success
For charitable requests totaling $500 or less, please submit a letter to Kathy Dahood (contact information below) detailing the activity/project, action plan and goals.
When requesting charitable support of greater than $500, organizations are required to complete the ALPS Charitable Contributions Application and provide the required attachments. You may fax, scan, e-mail or mail applications to:
Charitable Contributions Committee
P.O. Box 9169
Missoula, MT 59807
Telephone: (406) 728-3113
Fax: (406) 728-7416
ALPS Employee Giving
In addition to gifts from the ALPS Charitable Fund, ALPS employees are encouraged to get involved and to give back to their communities. ALPS employees are given 24 hours of annual paid time to volunteer at non-profits of their choice during work hours. ALPS also offers each employee a matching donation to personal financial contributions made to the non-profit organization of their choice, based on the ALPS giving criteria. By fostering a culture of giving within our employee family, we believe we are empowering individuals both in their professional lives and as members of society.